- The way you read and understand words is affected by whether you’re a native English speaker or someone with a different native language.
- Emotions have a large role in mediating the effect between language and moral decision making
- The more you are familiar with a foreign language, the more likely you are to agree with that foreign speakers decision-making
- “Native English speakers were almost twice as likely to push “el hombre grande” than “the large man””
- “This discovery has important consequences for our globalised world, as many individuals make moral judgments in both native and foreign languages,”
- “The connection between language and emotion makes sense”
- “Increased familiarity with a language brings an emotional grounding which can match that of a mother tongue.”